The UGC has launched a scheme on skills development based higher education as part of college education. B.Voc. Programme, to Ministry of HRD, Government of India had issued an Executive Order in September 2011 for National Vocational Education Qualification Framework (NVEQF).
The B.Voc. programme is focused on universities and colleges providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles and their NOSs along with broad based general education. This would enable the graduates completing B.Voc. to make a meaningful participation in accelerating India’s economy by gaining appropriate employment, becoming entrepreneurs and creating appropriate knowledge.
The UGC sanctioned B.Voc. Degree Programme to the college in five trades –
- Journalism & Mass Communication
- Fashion Design &Embroidery
- Software Technology
- Office Administration & Secretarial Practices
- Social Media & Digital Marketing
Fifty seats have been sanctioned in each trade.
Journalism & Mass Communication
- SEM-1 – Curriculum for Correspondent
- SEM-2 – Curriculum for Assignment Editor
- SEM-3 – SEO Executive
- SEM-4 – Curriculum for Senior Correspondent
- SEM-5 – Script Editor
- SEM-6 – Editor in Chief